CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

BBC - Weather Centre - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mother's Day

Hello everybody!
I was thinking about Mother's Day and I had an ideia! We could post, here in the blog, some songs, movies, reports even games wich remind us of our moms.
Let's do this tribute for our moms! And if you wanna put something about your grandmothers, that's ok because they're our second mothers!
What do you think about this ideia?

I'll start with some poems just to illustrate!

Grandmothers

Grandmothers are mothers who are grand,
Restoring the sense that our most precious things
Are those that do not change much over time.
No love of childhood is more sublime,
Demanding little, giving much on demand,
More inclined than most to grant the wings
On which we fly off to enchanted lands.
Though grandmothers must sometimes serve as mothers,
Helping out, or maybe taking over,
Each has all the patience wisdom brings,
Remembering our passions more than others,
Singing childish songs we long remember.




FOR MOMS

She was there at the beginning
When the world was new to you -
She was there to turn to happy times
Those when, you were hurt or blue.

She was there to listen to your thoughts
And when you asked, to give advice -
She was there to tell you, "Those don't match!"
Or, "Hon, you sure look nice."

She was there with you at nighttime
To help you say your prayers _
She was there to tell you, "It's alright."
When you had a dream that scares.

She was there at morning time
To get you up and out of bed -
She was there when you didn't feel good (or did)
To say, "You'd best stay home, instead."

She was there when you were hungry
And when you had those dirty clothes -
She was there when you needed her
(How she knew? Only heaven knows.)

She was there at the beginning
And she'll be there your whole life through -
She'll be there in your mind and heart
Just like a mother is supposed to do.




See you soon guys!

Milinha

5 comment(s):

Cult masters said...

cool, Camila!

Great idea!!!!
Congrats!!!

Let me ask you a favor...I don't like all this black in the blog, It doesn't make it inviting to read. I took a training course on blogs and they advised us to always make them with a light background. I tried to change the background colour but I guess this kind of layout doesn't allow us to do it. Can you please change it again and use something with a very light background, please?
I want to give our address to Louise , but I want it to look adequate according to what they want before doing it!

many thanks!
kisses,

Kátia Ruivo

Lucas Bittencourt said...

Ohhh teacher... You like to break our happiness... The Blog is so beatiful, dark with sparkling words... Althoug I am not the emperor of this blog, and we have to respect all opinions, and principally the opinions of the blog's goblins... so, I propose a plebiscite for everione decide what's better for the blog...waht do you think of this?

Unknown said...

Hey, Lucas, I totally agree with you! I think it's better for us to read the posts!
Teacher, I think our blog don't have to be so ordinary like the others. We need to put them the way we like not the way that someone, like your teacher in the blog course, told you to do. Because I think our blog needs to have our style! Think of it, please!
By the way, we could change the template on our next class. What do you think?

Milinha

Ti Pac said...

Looking for mom's music?
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man.

Absolutely wonderful. I can't stop singing it.
But I still prefer the Shinedown version.

Cult masters said...

Hey Tiago, I saw the lyrics of this song and I think it's fantastic! Why don't you post something about this song here in the blog? Make a tribute for your mom!!!

Peace out!!!

Milinha